We've moved to a new host, so gaming server ip's have changed. Check below for new ip's, or delete  udssr 2017 mod in your COD2 main folder and connect to the server using /connect 178.254.26.167:28961 to download the current mod.

Sign in to follow this  
UG.GabbaGandalf

fps jumps and pronecliping rules?

1. FPS Jumps - Jumps that are do-able with 250 fps are allowed on any server, or am i wrong? Jumps that are do-able only with 333 fps are kickable (not on s&d server) like the roof at allied spawn on toujane?

2.Proneclipping - Can we kick players who are abusing/overusing pronecliping (ctrl+space+shoot repeat) after some warnings of admin? I mean you can use proneclip in some tricky situations but if you are camping and doing nothing but pronecliping or proneclip after every shot the whole match, it starts getting very annoying/frustrating.

I dont know the strict rules about these two so i wanted to ask, just to be sure :)

Fight^er    87

1. FPS Jumps - Jumps that are do-able with 250 fps are allowed on any server, or am i wrong? Jumps that are do-able only with 333 fps are kickable (not on s&d server) like the roof at allied spawn on toujane?

I mean mostly on TDM  and on the rest of servers  , i would say pretty much we don't really have specific rule besides one " out of map glitch " which is forbidden and its kickable after a warning is given. But all other jumps are most likely allowed i don't see a problem with it.

2.Proneclipping - Can we kick players who are abusing/overusing pronecliping (ctrl+space+shoot repeat) after some warnings of admin? I mean you can use proneclip in some tricky situations but if you are camping and doing nothing but pronecliping or proneclip after every shot the whole match, it starts getting very annoying/frustrating.

Well  if someone is just camping in one spot and repeats its action by overusing/ prone-clipping , feel free to say something to its player regarding this matter. ( If the player refuses to listen ) Feel free to remove him from the server.

• Like 1

exzz    55

- I'd be allowing every single jump except Dawnville out of house. Public isnt a league game so we cant forbid clipping either.

fURBYx    31

Every jump that can be done with a maximum of 250 fps should be allowed, except the out of the map glitches. 

We can't forbid clipping, although it ruins the game badly.

Hinz    78

i used to kick for prone clipping on purpose

makes a whole lot of sense

cant understand why someone would protect cheating`? xD 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

argonaut    47

btw about fps jumps and proneclipping, it should be said that 333 is bugged, silent steps on stairs etc.. so it's an unfair advantage, not even mentioning the ridiculous jumps you can do with them.. proneclipping is bugged as well.. so even though urby says we should respect everyone's playstyle, abusing bugs and getting to places where you can't get shot nor even seen at some places in some maps, those things should be prohibited

I warn and kick for those things and I'm not about to change that tbh, it's only fair to do so in regards to the other players on the server. there's only one reason people use/do those things, to gain an unfair advantage, the only right thing to do there is to forbid it.

• Like 1

Pinocchio    4

If i may,
You guys try to attract cg players, yet there are loads of non-sense things happening :

- I know that's already on discussion, yet i'll still mention it as it's not fixed : random kicks.

- The clipping issue : many people noticed that you won't take any action against people with no honor or education constantly clipping.
"Why should i keep getting killed by bug abuse if no action is taken, let's do it too".

- The FPS limit issue : why the hell don't you prohibit 333, 500 and 1000 FPS. That only causes game engine abuses : silent running and going to unreachable places.
Even some of your admins use that and/or don't play SD, that shouldn't be tolerated.. How do you expect people to behave well if your own admins can't respect your own rules.

PS : Not really game breaking, but why don't you fix the fact that you can kill people when a round ended? I actually don't understand why it has been implemented in the first place.

Edited by Pinocchio
  • Like 2

argonaut    47
18 minutes ago, bob123 said:

was only a guess :D so whats ur opinion? Can we fix it somehow? :) 

Let me tell you that it's not as easy as it might seem. Proneclipping, from what I've heard, is fixed with the latest pam (3.0?), should ask @fURBYx about this, I'm still sceptical about this as people have tried to fix it for over a decade and they/we never found a solution so I'm wondering how they managed it IF it's really fixed.

However, the fps (and /rate and cl_maxpackets  and /snaps issue is different because you can't use a cvar checklist unless you use punkbuster if I'm not mistaken, haven't seen a single server without pb being able to implement a cvar checklist as those checks are done through punkbuster, if anyone can find out a way to leave punkbuster out of the picture to use a cvar checking system, I'm all ears.

Edited by argonaut

argonaut    47
28 minutes ago, bob123 said:

how about using this fuckin reload-bug? ^^

you mean fast reloading/shooting? don't think there's much you can do about that tbh, unless you can alter the reload time but just going through all the things that would affect, it would cause more issues than it would fix anything. + there's already a reload time per weapon, fast reloading or fast shooting (with a rifle) is a bug which basically cancels out the set reload time so.. don't think there's a solution for that without creating additional problems.

Edited by argonaut

bob123    21

I was actually more asking about how we handle it? do we allow it? In the past weeks, I got shot quite often by somebody using this bug -.- dont know if we have a straight line for that issue ... ^^

argonaut    47

I wouldn't allow it, we have more & more players from cg on our servers, should at least try to apply the same rules, fastshooting shouldn't be allowed, I've warned players who've done it so..

argonaut    47
2 hours ago, bob123 said:

and finally kick them if still abusing, right? thats the point of view I have ^^

yeah, I even temp banned a guy for 350 minutes because he wouldn't stop using 333, warned him 3 times and he wouldn't listen so yeah, 350 minutes for him to realize he had no other option but to listen if he wanted to keep on playing on our servers.

fURBYx    31
9 hours ago, argonaut said:

Let me tell you that it's not as easy as it might seem. Proneclipping, from what I've heard, is fixed with the latest pam (3.0?), should ask @fURBYx about this, I'm still sceptical about this as people have tried to fix it for over a decade and they/we never found a solution so I'm wondering how they managed it IF it's really fixed.

It is really fixed into a new zpam 3.0, you can see it all here; http://cg.kratas.net

And yes it is working, i do know some servers which run them.